NYS Child Abuse Prevention Conference
Give Strength, Inspire Action
April 11-13, 2016
Marriott Hotel, 189 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205
Prevent Child Abuse New York (PCANY) is pleased to present Give Strength, Inspire Action, the 21st annual New York State Child Abuse Prevention Conference. The conference inspires and equips participants with skills and strategies to strengthen families, prevent child abuse, and ensure children’s healthy development. This year you’ll find the quality programming this conference is famous for—nationally renowned keynote speakers and highly rated workshops—along with some new offerings.
Conference registration is open! Learn more about conference registration or download the PDF of our Conference Registration Booklet. Ready to register? Then follow one of the links below:
- Participants paying by credit card click here
- Participants paying by check or purchase order click here
- Nationally renowned keynote speakers
- More than 40 training and skills-building workshops and in-depth institutes
- Non-profit and commercial exhibits
- Networking opportunities
- Sessions focused on wellness, self-care, and stress relief
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma-Informed Practice
- Supporting Children’s Well Being through Direct Services Provision
- Family Engagement and Involvement
- Community Prevention Strategies
- Family Engagement and Involvement, and Leadership, Management, and Best Practice
Who Should Attend?
Attendees represent many different disciplines, working in varying arenas: parenting education, family support, child abuse prevention and child protective services, intervention and treatment, domestic violence, early childhood education, health care, mental health, legal services, schools and in the home as parents. Their common vision is to build a world where all children grow in healthy and nurturing homes, schools, neighborhoods and communities.
Laura vandernoot Lipsky, Founder and Director, Trauma Stewardship Institute
Transforming Trauma—How to Do this Work and Sustain
Ira J. Chasnoff, M.D., Author, Researcher and Lecturer, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago
The Mystery of Risk: Drugs, Alcohol, Pregnancy and the Vulnerable Child
Rosalinda Mercado-Garza, Chief Executive Officer, E-Colors in Education
Reflections on Resilience
The conference is co-presented by the New York State Children and Family Trust Fund, New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
To get conference updates delivered right to your inbox, sign up for our e-mail newsletter here.